Thursday, 25 June 2015

I am scientist

We have been learning to think like scientists this term. Learning all about plants has helped us to become scientists. We have been asking lots of questions and trying to answer them. We found out that plants breathe and drink water. We found the best way to germinate a seed – seeds need water to germinate but the plant needs water, soil and sun to grow well.
WALT: investigate
         Ask questions
         Make predictions (think about what is going to happen)
         Observe and record what happens    
Use what we have observed to make conclusions
WALT share our ideas

Task
Show my science learning using play dough, drawing and labelling what we can see, classifying the plants and completing the plant life cycle activity.

Success Criteria:
I can ask questions
I think about what might happen
I look closely (observe)
I share my ideas
"My plant is green"




I can see roots and shoots and leaves.

How I am going

I can ask questions
Kerri thinks


I think about what might happen
Kerri thinks



I look closely (observe)
Kerri thinks


I share my ideas
Kerri thinks



Reflection

I really like: growing the plants.

I think I need to practice: remembering to water my plants

Something that really helped me was: touching the plants

Kerri thinks
You love to share your ideas during our science learning. Like a scientist you look very closely and try to draw what you can see. I am pleased that growing and touching the plants and bits of plants really helped you!

No comments:

Post a Comment